TITLE: Gunsmithing Instructor
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Academic Affairs
TOUR OF DUTY: Generally 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., M-F, but may require some evenings
As a faculty member, this position will perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities in accordance with the mission statement and policies and procedures of the College. The
candidate will be responsible for instructing assigned gunsmithing courses, advising students, developing and following class syllabi, and developing and evaluating the effectiveness of
1. Develops course instruction for each class in accordance with the academic catalog.
2. Develops tests and visual aids.
3. Provide general classroom and clinical lab instruction.
4. Incorporate latest instructional technologies and interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
5. Use the on-line teaching tool for attendance and assignments.
6. Manage overall program including recruiting students, maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, attending events to recruit students, serve on college committees.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in Gunsmithing or related field.
• Gunsmith certificate.
• Two years full-time, or equivalent part-time, teaching or training experience in Gunsmithing.
• Significant professional experience in gunsmithing. Must demonstrate knowledge of machine tool technology, mills, and lathes.
• Planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Proficient with computers and office machines.
• Flexibility and creativity in problemsolving.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal firearms requirements.
• Ability to teach flexible schedules.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with other departments, answer public inquiries, and interact with significant and influential
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality. Displays high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibits honesty and integrity.
• Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
I agree to the terms and conditions of this job description.
Signed: _______________________________ Dated: __________________
JOB POSTING - OPEN UNTIL FILLED